Happy Thanksgiving to all!
How are you spending your holiday?
This year I had the privilege to go "home" to the States to visit my family (mom, dad, two of my siblings, and many extended family members) and friends. I arrived last night (Wed) and will be here, Lord willing, until Mon. morning. It has been so good to see them, to hug them and to laugh with them. Time spent with family is precious.
I am also looking forward to spending my first Christmas in PR. According to everyone in PR, the holidays there are a lot of fun. I would love to go out parrandeando (Christmas caroling--PR style), and I'm looking forward to the traditional Christmas food and festivities. In addition, E is organizing a Christmas cantata for the church I'm attending. I am looking forward to singing with them. Finally, my job has given its employees leave from work Jan. 1-6--almost a full week!
Otherwise, I would appreciate prayers for direction and wisdom as I continue to try to establish myself in PR. At this point, I am thinking I would like to get a car and a small apartment, as the Lord provides. (Since September, I have been riding to work with a few of my coworkers.) On Wednesday, before heading to the States, I was able to get my PR driver's license! Most of all, I would appreciate prayers that I would grow closer to the Lord, get to know His word and be completely submissive to His will for my life.
Some things I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving...
* The opportunity to see my family
* E's hospitality
* The warm welcome I've been given to PR by the church family
* Generous and helpful coworkers
* The blessing of having a job in PR during a time of economic hardship
* The protection of the Lord
* My new PR driver's license. Yay!
* The comfort and instruction of God's word
* Eternal security through Jesus Christ
Anyway, I am thankful for all of you people in my life. Hopefully, we will see each other again.
May God bless, R
No comments:
Post a Comment