Esta semana yo oí un ruido extraño por la ventana de mi trabajo. "¿Qúe es eso?" yo pensé. Me dí cuenta que era un cortacéspedes--el primero que había oído desde que empezó el invierno en noviembre. Creo que sonreí y disfruté de ese sonido--una señal de la llegada de la primavera.
Cuando salí del trabajo, inmediatamente, me enfrentó un olor--una fragancia--semejante al olor de la granja donde viven mi hermana y mi cuñado. (A mí me gusta el olor de la granja.) Otra vez, yo pensé "¿Qúe es eso?" Era la fragancia de la tierra y de la hierba recién cortada. La primavera trae olores también.
Hoy abrí mis ventanas mientras que estaba trabajando en la casa. Disfruté de los cantitos de los pajaritos y, también, otro olor agradable que me daba hambre. Alguién estaba cocinando al aire libre.
Mañana en la escuela dominical vamos a aprender de la primavera--que es algo que hizo Dios. Hice una presentación de fotos de flores y animales bebés. Gracias, Señor, por esta bella estación del año.
This week I heard a strange noise through the window at work. "What is that?" I thought. I soon realized that it was a lawnmower--the first I had heard since winter started in November. I believe that I smiled, and I enjoyed listening to that sound--a sign that spring had arrived.
When I left work, I was immediately faced with a smell, a fragrance, similar to the smell of the farm where my sister and brother-in-law live. (I like the smell of the farm.) Again, I thought "What is that?" It was the fragrance of the earth and the freshly mown grass. Spring brings new smells too.
Today I opened my windows while I was working inside the house. I enjoyed listening to the little birds singing. A pleasant smell was also wafting through the windows and making me hungry. Someone was cooking outside!
Tomorrow in Sunday school, we're going to learn about spring, that it is something God made. I made a presentation of pictures of flowers and little baby animals. Thank you, Lord, for this beautiful season.
1 comment:
What amazing things our sense of smell can evoke! I loved following your trail of spring scents. And your haircut looks really nice! It reminded me of when you got it cut short several years ago--it looked really good, and it looks good again. I'm looking forward to seeing the new cut in person!!!
Post a Comment